10. We range in age from 21-101 and are a diverse group of women of all ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds.
9. We are single, married, and widowed and have varied interests and hobbies. Some of us are moms with school-age children and others are enjoying our empty nest.
8. We are businesswomen working full or part time, administrators, educators, healthcare professionals, and a number of us are retired.
7. We are dedicated to community service, philanthropy, and friendship.
6. We have owned our clubhouse, The C.V. Rich Mansion, since 1931. The Club has hosted numerous well-known visitors and is the site of TV/movie shoots.
5. We have a Club that is a daytime, evening, and weekend hub of activity.
4. We use catering profits to run the house. After two years of membership, we are eligible to receive a discount when we rent any part of the Club for a private event.
3. We have contributed funds in the past ten years to over 60 nonprofits that support the needs of our community.
2. We have donated over $500,000 to nonprofits, to scholarships, and to the restoration and renovation of our historic home in the past ten years.
We are a totally volunteer Club run by and for women!
10. Become a member of our daytime or nighttime book clubs.
9. Expand our digital media platform.
8. Help maintain our beautiful gardens and work to preserve our house for the future.
7. Join a committee that plans Club events and fundraising activities.
6. Volunteer your time at Club activities.
5. Contribute to collections for local charities and nonprofits.
4. Enjoy our daytime and evening social events.
3. Write an article or two for our monthly newsletter.
2. Work in our Marking Department or Thrift Shop.
Choose the type, level, and degree of involvement
10. You will have an outlet for your talents, creativity, and compassion.
9. You will have the opportunity to develop new social, professional, and community connections.
8. You will make a difference in the quality of life in the community.
7. You will have fun while helping others.
6. You will enjoy the company of fellow members at a variety of events.
5. You will receive member discounts at local merchants.
4. You will benefit from the support, encouragement, creativity, and friendship of other women.
3. You will have a voice in choosing our community partners and benefactors.
2. You will be standing on the shoulders of thousands of women who have come before you.
You will be part of an organization that has made a difference in the community for over 100 years!
Activities Held Throughout the Year
Some highlights of philanthropic and social events that occur during the year:
Engaging monthly & semi-monthly book club meetings during the day and evening
Monthly Club Day luncheons and Bridge & Games afternoons
Special interest evening programs, dinners & Happy Hour/Open House events
Book & Author Luncheon
Beaux Arts Show
Winter Holiday Dinner and Boutique – fundraiser - members & guests enjoy refreshments & shop for holiday treasures
Winter Tea – time to take a break from the winter doldrums
Spring Scholarship Fashion Show and Luncheon – supports scholarships for deserving White Plains High School seniors
June Jazz for the Gardens event – enjoy fabulous music, yummy food & our beautiful house and gardens
Year-round philanthropic activities: including monthly Women in Community Service group, Thrift Shop, toy drive for Head Start preschoolers, Thanksgiving Cookie Bake for the Salvation Army & Welcome to Your Home cleaning supply kits for those leaving temporary housing
And much much more …
The Woman’s Club of White Plains is a fellowship of women dedicated to community service for the purpose of enhancing the lives of others as well as our own through volunteerism.
Members provide financial support to local non-profit groups, volunteer thousands of hours every year, and also maintain the CV Rich Mansion, our beautiful home.
Interested in Joining?
Contact one of
our Membership Co-Chairs:
Mary Lou Winters, 914-686-0994, email@example.com -or-
Laurette Young, 914-682-0812,